Happy Halloween my friends!!
Would you like tricks or treats?
How about a treat with these…
Candy of course! What would Halloween be as a day without candy?!?!
I wanted to make a fun recipe this week to celebrate Halloween as well as celebrate my friend’s 25th birthday! I wanted to try something new to me as well as delicious so I perused the interwebs until it led me here. Ahh. Blondies, I love them because I am one of course! Plus I am more of a vanilla rather than chocolate gal. Weird, right?
Anyway, earlier this week I went out to get the ingredients and last night I got to work in the kitchen right after work! I had only a few mishaps, ahem who actually needs to spray parchment paper… whoops… I won’t admit that I had to scrape the batter off the ungreased parchment paper and do it again, no I will not!
Anyway, these blondies are sure to be spooktacular and candylicious and will certainly satisfy your Halloween sweet tooth! I may need to just go a sample them one…more… time…
I used this recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more, room temperature, for pan
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Red, orange, brown, and yellow M&MS and Reeses’ Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pan with nonstick spray and line pan with parchment paper, Spray paper too!!
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt and continue to mix.
- Pour batter onto parchment lined pan and smooth top and top however you would like with your candy!
- Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean for 45 minutes and cool completely.
- Cut up and eat while you’re handing out actual candy to trick or treaters tonight!!
I hope you like this recipe, I was so happy to find it and try it!