Tasty Tuesday is back again!
Mike and I have been trying to eat better on the weekend. We always end up going out to eat or looking for convenience foods because our schedules are all over the place and we are lazy sometimes! We both decided we should eat better especially on Sundays since Saturday nights usually mean going out with friends.
This Sunday I hopped on to Pinterest for inspiration when Mike was coaching a lacrosse tournament so that we could have a nice dinner in! All of my searching led me here and had me drooling!
I switched up the recipe a bit but here it is! This makes about 5 servings!
- 1lb chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1.5 package frozen broccoli
- 1 can fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup fat free milk
- 3 T. reduced fat mayo
- 1.3 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Uncle Bens 90 second whole grain and brown rice
- 1 small onion
- microwave rice according to package instructions
- boil chicken in a pot until cooked through
- dice onion and sauté until soft
- in a large bowl, combine soup, milk, 1/3 cup cheese, and mayo.
- once chicken is cooled give it a rough chop and add to the bowl of the soup mixture. add in rice, onion, and broccoli and mix well.
- place in a casserole dish and top with 1 cup of shredded cheese. bake 30 minutes at 350* until heated through.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. This is a hearty yet, healthified casserole to warm up your Sunday!