This year for my family’s Easter celebration, I was responsible for dessert. I searched high and low for the perfect recipe on Pinterest and finally found the most festive and fun recipe here! Cake bites were the perfect match! Colorful, tasty, and indulgent!
I followed the recipe Tracey laid out closely! I doubled the recipe as I had 2 Easter celebrations this year!! 🙂
- 1 baked funfetti cake
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- 1 pound of candy melts (variety of colors)
- Multi-colored sprinkles
- Bake cake as directed on box. When in doubt, add sprinkles!
- Once cake has cooled, break into small pieces and smash (technical term) with the container of frosting. This will form a paste.
- With a tablespoon, scoop the cake mixture into balls. You will then line a baking sheet with wax paper and place the cake balls onto this so that they do not touch. Cover and freeze for about 20 minutes so that they harden enough so as not to melt when you coat them.
- Next, melt the candies in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stir frequently!!
- The final step is the tricky part! Roll the frozen cake balls into the candy melts with a fork. Let the excess melts drip off as you remove them from the bowl. Place back on to the wax paper coated baking sheet and let air dry. Feel free to sprinkle on more sprinkles as before they harden completely!
- These set up pretty quickly so be sure to add the sprinkles fast!
I stored these cake bites in the refrigerator overnight and served them the next day. They were a total hit and were perfect for Easter since they looked like Easter eggs! Everyone enjoyed them!