Hey! Long time no see!
I’ve been so busy this week between moving, wedding planning, meeting with vendors, work, and settling into our new home I haven’t made blogging a priority but I definitely plan on getting back to it!
This week Mike and I joined a new to me gym in the area where I moved and I’ve been on a great workout streak! I’ve been getting up and going to the gym BEFORE work. Crazy talk I know! I am definitely not a morning person but I am making progress! Plus it’s really nice to have my workout done for the day! This frees up my lunch hour for errands or the occasional long walk!
My workouts for this week went as follows:
Monday- elliptical hills
Tuesday- elliptical workout and upper body
Thursday- body pump
Friday- elliptical HITT and upper body
I already have a few morning classes scheduled for next week at the gym! I am super excited!!! So far everyone at the gym has been super nice and the instructor was great! I can’t wait to find some new workout friends at the new gym! It was so fun when I worked out with my mom!
TGIfreakingFriday! Haha! How are you today? I am super excited to have no plans tomorrow! I have a lot to get done around the house before vacation so I want to be as productive as possible!
Tonight I am having a girls night with my friend! Remember the bride from last weekend? So excited! 🙂
Tomorrow- errands, yoga, and Easter with my family. I am also super excited for a quiet night in with Mike!
Sunday- Easter- going to Virginia to visit with Mike’s family and grandparents! I am excited!
This week, I had a full week of great workouts! Check them out!
Monday: Body Pump
Tuesday: 30 minutes on the elliptical plus some abs and arms while watching last week’s Scandal in the evening!
Wednesday: 35 minutes of hills on the stationary bike, plank work and stability ball abs
Thursday: 30 minutes on the elliptical and Jillian Michael’s Yoga, modified to work with my wonky foot 🙂
Friday: 10 minutes on the elliptical and 12 minutes of Tabata on the bike, lower body workout
I am very sore this week. I am glad I was able to introduce a lot more cardio, but I want to keep strength training a focus. I want it to be the majority of my workout and I need some motivation to keep it coming. I need more body pump in my life!
What do you do to keep strength training a star in your workouts??
Hey Hey! Happy Friday! Any plans this weekend? I am looking forward to a really relaxing one at home with my parents! Tonight I see some wine in my future and tomorrow I have a whole day of errands and a get together!!
I have had some awesome workouts this week! I wanted to share my workout schedule from this week to inspire and guide some of you in your workouts for next week! I like variety and this week I did manage to switch it up some to keep the boredom at bay and to keep my body guessing!
- Monday: Body Pump– this was the new release and I loved it! I was very sore and I find I get the best strength workout bang for my buck when I go to this class! My only issue is timing! My gym only offers the class at 5:30 and it is hard for me to get there on time from work!! I also did a hill workout on the elliptical and some incline walking at my lunch break to get cardio in!
- Tuesday: HITT on the elliptical 30 seconds on/30 seconds off for 20 minutes. Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown in the evening as well!
- Wednesday: Elliptical recovery 45 minutes.
- Thursday: Plank and Burn circuit and a spin class.
- Friday: Arm Burner and Bike Tabata workout. Tabata Cycles flow with 20 seconds hard and 10 seconds recovery for a total of 4 minutes. They are short so go all out! Below is the workout if you want to try it! It is a very efficient burner!
Feel free to share your favorite workout of the week in the comments section!!
||Recover and cool down